Sunday, October 9, 2011

Denial, it's not just a river in Egypt

Months ago I signed up for a marathon.  A marathon that is dubbed as the toughest in the country.  A 26.2 mile uphill battle with over 6000 feet of elevation gain.  

About a month ago myself along with other team members had no idea if our sponsor was still out there.  We Facebooked and tried to email and nothing.  Along with this I had a lump on my chest that I didn't know what it was.  The lump turned out to be nothing and we all finally heard from our sponsor.  The race was on.  

The marathon is in two weeks.  When was the last time I ran?  Almost 2 weeks ago.  Yep I'm am slacking big time.  I had already decided to drop to the half-marathon.  There was just no way that I would be ready with everything up in the air I had become depressed and discouraged.  

Now I am just in denial.  Some where along the way my running spirit has been broken or has gotten lost.  There is no explanation for it.  My last run was with a great guy who is very encouraging and whom I respect. My family is very encouraging.  I have friends and family coming in for the event.  

So what gives?

I have no answers.  

I can only hope that tomorrow is the day I get back out there and put a few miles in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment